Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

3.6/5
3.9/5
4.2/5
3.5/5

328 Software options

Stefano H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reports of 30+ days must be requested and can take days ... NOT INSTANT!!!

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

Pros

Slick look, easy to setup and use, clover mini

Cons

Reporting is substandard. Reports for a period of 3 months or more can take several days to get! Poor customer service. Clover Support staff could use more training.

Toast POS
David F.

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Cons

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Katie M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Clover

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.
Sara C.

Great POS for smaller businesses

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.
Tim H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

Cons

The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.

Michael H.

Not Recommended For Restaurant Operations Regardless How Small

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

The simple and very common "custom item" or "open food" item commonly used in the restaurant industry and CLOVERS lack of ability to attach a printer to such has ruined what otherwise would be a useful and easy system.

Pros

the ease of using but the simplest item below has ruined the experience.

Cons

CLOVER Dining comes with button "Custom Item" . CLOVER is incapable of sending this item to the kitchen printer. After 4 calls to CLOVER and 2 dropped calls and no return call (even though they ask you prior to any conversation for a call back #), their only suggestion is to create an "inventory item" and attach the "Kitchen Label", HOWEVER, that does not give you the flexibility or customization of price and name. One would think if they have an option "Custom Item" that is flexible to price and label and prints in detail on the 'receipt" they would also be able to attach the "kitchen label" so the items prints in the kitchen.

Amanda T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Nice System

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Love that this machine can give clients peace of mind, as they can process their own payments- from inserting their card and entering their pin numbers, to choosing how they would like to receive their receipts. Also love that it is easy to train new staff members on how to process payments and do end of the day reporting. Overall great experience!

Pros

Easy to use/learn. Very easy to read- apps , wording and numbers are a great size even for older clients who are using the machine. Reporting at the end of the day is simple to retrieve and review. Customer service is great!

Cons

Check processing can be a little tricky with having to hold the checks over the top of the machine to take the picture, but otherwise it is great.

Nakesha A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Definately Worth It

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Fewer people are using cash which means there has to be a way to process credit cards. I was able to accept credit card and deposit it directly into my savings account.

Pros

I was not initially interested in using credit card for my small practice but I mus admit it made life easier. It was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful. Even if the card is not present you are easily able to process payment.

Cons

It was super easy to use. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to save credit card access for future use.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I wanted easy access to my cash, fee was reasonable and being able to have an actual card swipe.
Jose R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great retail POS that provides the ultime customer experience

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Pros

fully customizable, mobility and touchscreen, immediate integration with many payment processing options, inventory management and SKU customization, online receipt storage and SMS confirmation. All in all, it's a great product that helps a lot any retail merchant.

Cons

Initial investment to be considered, both at the hardware device as well as the software integration/customization and SKU managemet. The benefits outweight that initial investment and a small merchant may need to consider a managed solution.

Jessica G.

Clover - Retail/Art Studio

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

We are overall really happy for the price point. We do have a few things we would change, and we would like to see the glitches fixed.

Pros

Clover is quick for training of new employees. We like the options for additional apps and absolutely LOVE the round up with Donors Choose.

Cons

We have hit a few glitches - we cannot return after processing a payment with a split tender. We have 3 instances where the system has processed a payment but at the end the order is still "open", this issue is still being resolved with customer service.

Tory S.

money hungry company

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

I purchased these clovers in full and was to have a one year warranty. but every time one didn't function right they charged me for every one they sent me in first year. didn't need key pads tried to send back and they kept wanting my scanners returned instead. had to take to BBBural to get money back for just one and they still owe me for the other. credit card service is way above other card swipe price. tried to talk to customer service talked to one high level rep. twice then they would not respond to my issues and that was before the BBB. it bad that you have to turn them in to BBB to get a response and they still never called me. something went wrong with my compliance last year and they were to have someone contact me to clear it up. again this year I tried to become compliant again there was a problem they were suppose to email me with solution to the fix 3 months ago I'm still waiting and they charge me 10.00 a month for being non-compliant. would you recommend this device if you hade these issues? Tried to switch bank accounts for the clover was told I couldn't do it had to pay 20.00 to put a block on account to force them to switch accounts. finally was contacted by Stephen the rep that sold me these devices yesterday 7/11/2017. he called out of the blue and not a response to these issues I am skeptical that any of these issues will be addresed

Pros

Quick use of device when it functions has been better in last 6 months 111111111111111111111111111

Cons

Half of inventory data moved out of category. ease of saving data without excel not possible. 111111

Jared W.

Good POS system!

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

When everything is working great its awesome and easy to use, if you have issues can be a little bit of a headache. Overall happy with the products and service!

Pros

I really enjoy the machines we use, its a combination of a card swipe but also able to print out the receipts!

Cons

I have had a few issues with the machines and their battery. Sometimes the units can get frozen and takes a while to get them up and running again. I was not too impressed with the customer service line you have to call if you have issues.

Clover for small nonprofit

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

I think this is a great starter for nonprofits wanting to receive donations. They send thank you notes and constant reminders to the organization and donor. Easy to set up for donors. Allows for automatic bank transfers. Overall I recommend this tool.

Pros

Clover is really easy to use. It is a basic simple program that can help any organization collect payments or donations. Customer Service was not always easy to get a hold of, but when I did they were helpful. They have recently updated their program, which has a cool new feature that lets you send donations to different bank accounts. This is super helpful for designated donations.

Cons

It is simple and does not have a lot of special features. No custom questions on the donation page.

Misty F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Awesome

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

Pros

Fast easy cool design mobile devices ! It doesn't run off communication with other computers like our previous system, it runs alone , communicates via internet like an app, so this makes for no interruptions in device like previous system . If we had one computer down with old system it would stop business but this system runs smooth with one computer shit down or turned off , doesn't stop us !

Cons

Wifi dependent it does depend on internet to run , unless you download the At and t service to your mobiles but we have excellent service here so that's rarely and issue , but like I said there is a way around that prob with the at&t download I just am cheap

Deb P.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Meets all of our needs

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Excellent experience. Quality equipment. Reasonably priced. Easy to reconcile to other financial reports.

Pros

Loved portable units. During the pandemic, our business was operating 100 % curbside. With the mobile units, it made checking out clients an easy process. Easy reporting.

Cons

We haven't found anything we do not like about Clover. We would highly recommend this to practices needing portable units.

Alyssa L.

Way to go Clover.

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Saved the business, from traditional old school register to simple POS system, Clover you win.

Pros

Great POS system. Used in a small cafe and the system worked out perfect. I was able to edit the menu and change pricing when needed.

Cons

Occasionally would run slow, I think updates may have been needed.

Eric W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Very affordable POS with great functionality and easy to use

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Very positive experience and glad we made the switch over to Clover. I highly recommend this POS.

Pros

Easy to train my employees on
Adding items was a breeze
Setup was done in less than 45 min
Chip reader and pos all in one package with the clover mini
Easy for guests to read and you can send receipt via email....etc..

Cons

It is a bit more expensive than other POS machines but well worth it. The best POS machine I have purchased and worked with.

Katie M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Clover is a great option for small businesses

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall Clover has proved to be very easy to use and accessible for our mobile office.

Pros

I like that I am able to have multiple users be able to access the software from their smart phones allowing them to take payments anywhere. I also like that the chip reader provides our clients with an extra layer of security when making payments.

Cons

The start up costs are some what high for each device. We have lost one and had to re-purchase.

Cynthia C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

great pos

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

It easy to restart if it freezes. Great customer service available right away if there is a proble,

Pros

How easy it is to find the items Im looking for. It is very organized. Very easy to use. Im able to train other new employees very easily on the clover due to its organization.

Cons

The slowness of the credit card part. Guest have to put in there credit card several times before the chip reads it and that's a headache.

Kylee B.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

It's the best system I've used!

Pros

Has been very easy to use. I've used it for years at different places that I have worked.

Cons

I dont really have any complaints about this software!

Abdul H.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Job place made easy

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Pros

Its very easy to use. Wonderful camera. It looks like tmwe are using ipad. Fast software. No laggings.

Cons

Order and customers could be bettered prganized by groups.
Some issues with the organizing.

It's like switching from a basic cell phone to an IPhone, without the cost increase

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

The Clover unit has made my day-to-day operation so much easier. There are so many free and or low cost apps available that I am always finding new ways to free up my time. I use apps to handle my sales tax collection and filing, my employee scheduling, my social media postings and my inventory. As I look at the app store, I imagine new ways I can use apps to make my life easier. When I went into business, I had no idea how time consuming it would be, Clover has given me so much of my time back.

Pros

App store
Efficiency
Support from my First Data rep

Cons

I should have done this years ago.

Xavier J.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

It works until it does not

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

I love clover overall. It is simpler than other systems my company has had us use in the pass but when it crashes, it crashes hard and slows us down. I feel like it glitching is now a part of my sales process and use the time for lead gen but I should not have to adapt and plan for a tech crash.

Pros

It is very user friendly when it works. I like how easy payments go through but it does not always read scans and will sometimes add extra charges while processing.

Cons

It crashes very often. I have had it pull up signatures but the pad would not let me sign. Often it is a 50/50 chance it will even turn on properly. Our IT team is at a point where they said it was a common problem that we just have to live with.

• Industry: Sports

Great POS system and company

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

Clover made it incredibly easy to conduct retail transactions. The simple interface and Clover POS systems are the most user friendly I've ever experienced.

Cons

Setting up my tax information was a little confusing, but a quick call to customer service cleared up any issues.

Kristine P.

Zero customer service

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

I’ve been with several Pos systems over the years and these guys take the cake at worst all around.

Pros

Nothing...
I would never use this service again. They have out of country phone servicer’s who just “escalate” your case. It takes days and weeks to get information after wasted time making calls to them.

Cons

Customer service, not organized, no return calls, filled with apologies and excuses