Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

3.5/5
3.8/5
4.0/5
3.3/5

Madison
Madison
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Use in my small businees

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Sara

Great POS for smaller businesses

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.
Hafiz

Stay away from Clover

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Pros

I can't find any benefit of using this company, whenever you call, you have different answers for the same question again and again.

Cons

Stay away from Clover, they don`t have an explanation about their charges, they take out money from your account at any time. The sales rep told me I could cancel my services at any time, but when I requested to cancel my services they said I have to pay $500 for cancelation.
I have a very bad experience.

REBECCA

TAP AND GO!

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

Pros

SUPER QUICK AND EASY TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS, EVEN GOOGLE PAY AND APPLE PAY

Cons

PUTTING IN THE RECEIPT PAPER IS A LITTLE TRICKY SOMETIMES, CAUSE IT WILL GET SIDEWAYS.

Jatin

Easiest and best POS System

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

Pros

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

Cons

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Better rates, better reporting, works with my bank.
ABIODUN

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

Pros

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

Cons

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

We needed a POS that could print our customers a receipt.

Joe
Joe

Clover: Not as reliable as before the switch.

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

They've nearly put us out of business due to the migration from payeezy to clover. The most frustrating part was the fact that the representatives from clover acted like it's just par for the course and that we should just accept it.

Pros

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration was easy and was done without our input.

Cons

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration did not migrate all of the previously existing credit cards into the clover account causing over half of our recurring payments to fail the next month.

authorize.net and Stripe

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Our bank said they preferred to do business with Clover over Payeezy.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

It was supposedly compatible with the payeezy interface without switching software.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Support staffs are not well trained billing errors

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

I would only give them 2 our of 5 stars.

I would only give them 2 our of 5 stars.

Pros

Easy to manage, fast tech support, good features such as split payment,

Cons

after we closed our account, they still charged us for the monthly fee $39.95, to the old bank account that doesn't have enough fund. They had been charged the fee to our new bank account for months before we closed the account. Why they charged it to the old account for the final month(should not have charged). We ended up being charged by bank for Overdraft. Offline payment that we were not aware of so were charged $77 for three offline payment! I had hard time understand almost half of the staffs and the phone connection were not good a lot of time, outsourcing or just hired workers in foreign countries for lower labor cost? We switched to a different merchant that still use Clover but I learned the old clover machine won't work anymore. Long wait time when you need to talk to billing or other department

Wonderful POS System That Customers Love

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Pros

Clover is a game-changing POS system for so many small businesses. It makes it super easy for my restaurant staff and customers. We love the system because of all the features and applications. It easily integrates with our loyalty rewards system, inventory system, and gift card system. Another great feature by clover is the tipping process. It makes a customer think about tipping in a different way than traditional non-digital systems.

Cons

The maintenance and upkeep of the system are tough as you must continually clean the screens. Also, the systems sometimes freeze on a transaction and require a complete reboot. Overall the benefits outweigh the issues.

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 6-12 months

Ease of use but some difficulty setting up

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

I helped set up the Clover for a family member's restaurant. The menu was very extensive as it was diner-like items with lots of specifications. Although the contractor Clover sent to set up the system was totally unhelpful, the people who were on the line for customer support were very helpful and nice. It took a few weeks for some of our servers to adjust, but Clover is now running smoothly for the restaurant. My family member is now able to run more accurate sales reports as well.

Pros

I liked the quick ease of payments, the assignation of users to checks, and the restrictions on login codes. Although the system was difficult to manage with the large amount of items on our menu, it was still possible to see everything, and the servers/cooks got used to the system very quickly.

Cons

The person who was assigned to input the menu only put in the major categories accurately. She did not properly set up choice categories or specifiers, so I had to spend hours redoing her work.

Amanda

Do not use Clover if you own a salon/spa/massage business ! Absolutely awful

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

I can not believe the absolute horrible customer service. No call backs, no answers, no help what so ever! I can't use the program in the most critical time of business. (right before Christmas) I am just blown away at how awful and time consuming this has become. It is literally slowly destroying my business.

Pros

When we first contacted clover we had two specialists. Both of which helped set everything up in a super easy process.

Cons

After about 4 months, both of the people that we had contact with either left, or were fired. We have not received any help from customer service since.

Booker and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Credit Card Processing fees were way too high. We needed a program that would allow us to bump those fees on to the consumer.

MassageBook

Reasons for Switching to Clover

We liked the way the program and system looked on paper. Not having any idea that we were going to fall in to so many issues. Credit card fees are not being applied, gift card application is not working, website integration is awful, and no help from anyone to resolve these issues.
David

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Cons

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Mark

Business Owner

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Terrible experience. Zero help from anyone. Just to cancel was an act of congress. If I could avoid a company, in any business, doing anything, I would avoid Clover.

Pros

Nothing. Unless you like add-on fees that you don't get from other processors, avoid Clover.

Cons

Never ending erroneous fees. Zero help from customer service to explain and/or dispute. Customer service spoke with broken English and NEVER helped a situation. Clover called something "Quarterly PCI charge" and would charge whenever, bi-monthly. They just drafted the money when they wanted. Deal breaker was they came up with a "Security Bundle Fee" of $299. No one at customer service could explain what it was and there was not getting out of it. I cancelled account and after account was closed, they still drafted the following month. Clover is the worst processing company.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Reviewed on 25/09/2022

Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Pricing and hardware

SalesVu

Reasons for Switching to Clover

POS hardware pricing sale.
Lawrence
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Pros

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Cons

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Update
Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Poor software and a false advertising to pull new customers.

Reviewed on 27/08/2023

Fun at first, but slowly becoming the worst experience I have ever had with a POS system.

Pros

Nice clean design. Lots of promises that weren't met.

Cons

Their customer service will inform you that they will not give you new terminals despite their failure to operate properly and regardless of their "hassle free exchange policy".Software glitches are abundant and rampant throughout the device. Chase systems although ugly were far more stable and reliable.

Chenna

Clover for restaurants

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Kelly
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS
Deborah
  • Industry: Furniture

Clover Nightmare!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

We used Clover for over a year at our 70+ year established furniture store. We contacted them over a year ago to cancel our services as we were opting to go with another provider and did. We filed all the requested paperwork to end services with Clover in 2021. HOWEVER, they continued to bill us for a service we NO LONGER utilized and when we confronted them about the issue of billing after CANCELATION, they denied getting paperwork and refused to refund ANY monies. (OVER $2k). The form provided by them and the instructions for resending it had changed and when confronted they denied that also. DISGUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES! DO NOT USE THEM!

Pros

The software wasn't the problem. The software was great.

Cons

No complaints about software. The software worked great. However this isn't the ONLY part of running a good and reputable company!

• Industry: Restaurants

I bought clover without looking at reviews

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

WARNING !!
TELL ALL YOUR FREINDS OR ASSOCIATES WHO USES CLOVER !!!
Take a picture of the screen...

WARNING !!
TELL ALL YOUR FREINDS OR ASSOCIATES WHO USES CLOVER !!!
Take a picture of the screen showing how much money is made for the night before the system closes. then when it does close and print , compare the picture you took and what the print out says. Do this especially on nights when its a holiday weekend, Clover knows you'll be busy and know you won't be paying attention.. Then check the transaction app on the POS , and add up how many transaction each server or cashier did and compare it to what the printout says.. When you see the discrepancies, call the FBI and ask to be added to the growing number of clients that wants to sue Clover

Pros

duh ?? it lights up , doesn't use a lot of electricity

Cons

customer service , THERE IS NO OTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THIS PLANET THAT IS WORSE THAN CLOVER CUSTOMER SERVICE./ They are the worst because they have to obey what their bosses say in robbing you the client. they will put you on a long hold and then you're disconnected. If you are lucky to speak to someone, whatever they have to say will never make sense to you !! Good luck

Hunter

My review

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

It’s neutral not too bad not too good

It’s neutral not too bad not too good

Pros

I like the analytics part and how easy it is to learn

Cons

The online ordering sucks u can’t cancel order placed from printing out / reschedule them

Square Point of Sale and Toast POS

All we knew
Raegan

Beware of Clover

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

We were switched over forcibly from Payeezy to Clover with little to no heads up. We literally walked into the office one day and couldn't access Payeezy. Not that Payeezy was that great either, but I could always rely on them to get our deposits. With Clover, they seem to think the depositing part of credit card payments is optional. Every time I call their customer service I end up speaking with 3+ people because no one knows what they are doing. It doesn't matter if you have a case open, they still can't figure out the right people to help you. Not that any of them can.

Pros

Nothing, this is the worst product I have ever worked with. We were with them for two weeks and they shorted us nearly $4,000 in deposits.

Cons

The customer service continues to give us the run around and I am usually on the phone with them for no less than an hour each time. The customer service is CARELESS and do not pay attention to details. We were shorted over $500 in our FIRST BATCH we ever ran with them. Then we were shorted $3300 on the another batch a week later. Their customer service follows-up but they follow up with the wrong details and don't see why not received this deposit is impactful. After less than TWO WEEKS with their service, I found another credit card processing company and switched over.

Dayna

Two thumbs up for Clover

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Jessica
  • Industry: Automotive

Clover is the best in the market!

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

We have been using clover the entire time I've been with the company and it works great. It's super convenient and makes checking out customers fast and easy!

Pros

The new handheld device makes processing payments fast and easy. The device can be moved to each desk and throughout the dealership and take it to the customer for convenient invoicing. The customer can sign directly on the screen or we can hand the device to the customer to securely and privately enter their passcode.

Cons

The only thing I would like to change is that the signature print out on the receipt! I think adding that would be a great option.

Arif
  • Industry: Wholesale

Clover customer support is pathetic

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Very Bad

Very Bad

Pros

terminal features only, Android app works well, easy to use

Cons

Clover support is a piece of garbadge, we had the machine since last 3 years, this time the payments were not deposited, we were told that [sensitive content hidden] Suppervisor will call back in 24 hrs to 48 hrs, but its been almost 2 weeks, no one called, neither our payments were deposited or clear, i called 8 times, & i was kept on hold for many hours, then i tried live chat, & was not replied, they are suppose to call back & solve our issue, but no response, very disappointed, very pathetic services, will never recomend,