NCR Silver

143 Software options

Carl B.

Very basic POS

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Customer service has gotten worse of the last few years and most have no knowledge of the product. NCR Silver and NCR Counterpoint should be merged but within NCR neither business unit has any clue what the other does for customers.

Pros

It's a simple solution to start up a small business like a coffee shop.

Cons

Overall software is very basic and fine for someone who's looking for a simple plug and play solution for a business similar to a coffee shop. NCR Silver offers no intgrations to Shopify or other major sites.

• Industry: Hospitality

Using at 2 Locations - Not Impressed

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Pros

-Works well on an Apple iPad
-Backed by a large company
-Reporting is streamlined and customizable

Cons

-We have had several issues with login and password resets for nor reason
-Customer service is non-existent
-We wont be using this for large volume units - only smaller volume

Corie J.
  • Industry: Restaurants

This has really changed the way I do business

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

I have been so impressed. I have a lot of friends with restaurants, and I'm constantly singing NCR's praises. The fact that people use other ipad based registers makes no sense to me. This one literally pays for itself. in the amount I save by being able to use my own credit card processor.

Pros

I have really enjoyed not only seeing my daily sales broken down with time accounted for within the system, but also just having the sheer scope of information that this unit provides.
It's simple to use and implement, it's intuitive, and any time I have questions I simply open a chat browser from the back menu and I have been able to solve all of my problems within minutes.

Cons

I wish there was more I could do with employee tracking, but I think that's available in the next tier of monthly payments.

Todd D.

Great user friendly software

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Overall NCR has been great for our business. As I mentioned above there are just a few things I wish could be added and or corrected.

Pros

Ease of use. Programming is simple with back office. POS is very user friendly.

Cons

Certain features need to be added to accommodate other businesses like salons. Tip feature needs to allow you to code the tip to specific employees for one example.
Needs feature to not allow cashiers to look in recall history at other employees tips. This has been an issue for us.
Would be nice if under customer info you can add multiple contact numbers like cell and home.
We are in the pet industry and it would also be nice to have a customizable customer tab, so we can add pet name and breed or pets DOB etc. under customer tab.
Certain glitches I reported keep repeating. Tech support needs better resolution and faster respond time.

Terri B.

Great product Horrible customer sevice

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE!

Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!

Pros

It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Cons

Customer service is horrible. You cant get help and support knows very litle about the product it is like they have never even touch it and are just reading out of a manual

Kelly G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good for certian business

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Its been id rate a 7 out of 10. It has helped but it is also limited.

Pros

It is easy to have quick categories to use with this software, see your sale results and send out email promotions. You can use it mobile which is nice.

Cons

You cant really use it for repair store its more for a restaurant based business. Its hard to keep up with warranties and it is limited with customer info notes in the main software mobile.

Roger K.

Reports

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Pros

Straight forward use. Reliable log in...

Cons

We still have difficult time changing prices, etc in bulk. Since it takes too long to reflash when changing prices individually, we would've like to have the excel upload changes.. I know the feature is there but it seems like it only works some times....

Need better more detailed sales/inventory-performance reports.

Nick A.

NCR Silver Review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

We had a terrible experience setting up the system. It’s over the phone instead of having someone come out to use to help set it up. Since we’ve had it up and running I have been pleased with what the system can do

Pros

It’s very user friendly, iPads are portable, easy to categorize items, ease of customer payment.

Cons

Customer database. It isn’t easy to send emails to customers with the marketing tool. There is no course break. When I enter multiple courses the system does not have a button for a line break. For example if there is a soup on course one and a soup for course two the soups show up as two soups for the same course. Sometimes the system has a delay with payment and when the ticket is entered.

Stacie G.

Great Stuff!

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

The initial sales rep was wonderful but misleading, the concierge service is great- once you get to someone & the reasons I chose this system are still working out because I'm not a tech or programmer. I'm working through it slowly & painfully, in hopes that once I have this setup, everything will be wonderful! The Silver system itself is great & I look forward to using it to grow my business tremendously.

Pros

The back office reporting options are great. I can review, track & adjust orders. I also like the options with accounting & tax paperwork. I can see as I add more info, this software will work even better for my company.

Cons

It was NOT easy getting all the info for the item entry for my register (POS). There was a bunch that is in the wrong place, so now I have to go in, item by item, and enter &/or fix. I was hoping by signing up, I'd have a bit more accomplished to this end. Also, I haven't been able to use my Ipad for anything else. My husband had to 'rig' the frame for me so I can remove my Ipad to use when it's not in use for the store.

Josh F.

Software review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

There are improvements every year, but there are still issues that need to be resolved.

Pros

24/7 support. Email, text, online chat assistance.

Cons

The tech support is often incompetent and sometimes rude. Recently, It took 45 minutes for someone to tell me that the bar code at the bottom of the receipt cannot be removed.

Nicholas M.

The Best PoS System!

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Very smooth app! The POS system is amazing. Wish it was easiest to contact support!

Pros

Its very easy to add and change menu items in seconds. Easy to fix hours for people who forget to clock-out. Easy to watch labor and look at sales!

Cons

It freezes sometimes! Don't like the fact the new chip readers are involved!

Aileen M.

NCR Silver Review

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Overall, the customer service has been very good to us. When we have an issue, they always follow though to fix it.

Pros

The reports are easy to pull . The items are easy to find to ring up.

Cons

The Credit Card reader often goes bad. The daily reports may take a few hours to catch up.

Corinna S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Good software but niche industry pushes envelope

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Attempting to manage a full service laundry service with this software isn't easy. We really should just go industry specific software, which is unfortunate as the technical support and ease of use is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use for non-tech savvy employees.

Cons

Lacks reporting detail on certain payment types.

Terri B.

Love it

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to learn and has a lot of features

Cons

Customer service I am always teaching them how to work the system they don't know enough about it.

Angela H.

Great for Garden Center

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Pros

We can set up multiple stations easily for a few months.

Cons

The biggest complaint we have is the red x at the end of the signature line

Mo H.

NCR EMV

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Wish emv reader was different.

Pros

Overall it does the job for restaurant business.

Cons

Emv reader not good at all. So many problems.

Narmeen R.

Ncr review

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

Ease of use of the program, simple to understand

Cons

Can not remove certain tabs when not in use

Victoria F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great system, but room to improve

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Over, customer service has been super helpful and helped me with any obstacles we’ve had. The system itself is fairly easy to use, and I’m not very tech savvy at all.

Pros

Being able to easily track sales, which we’ve never done before. Looking forward to setting up the loyalty program as well.

Cons

Having a restaurant, being able to read order slips is imperative. The don’t is son incredibly small and hard to read unless you’re right in front of it. This is my only complaint, but it’s such a big part of my business that had I known this going into the deal, this would have been a deal breaker.

Anthony B.

Great POS

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Very good

Pros

Customer care, ease of programming . Very easy for customers to add email information for marketing.

Cons

Card reader and chip reader is awkward .

Shirley Y.

ncr silver pro

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

I would love to speck to someone that can help me solve my problem I like the system just not the head ache of it not working.

Pros

when we where not very busy it was wonderful.

Cons

Now that we are covered up and really busy our printer stays in a cube and will not print. Its like it can not handle our amount of business.

Dawn H.

Happy Belly Curbside Kitchen LOVES NCR Silver

Reviewed on 02/07/2015

Pros

Very user friendly. Everything is simple and easy to navigate.

Cons

Nothing negative to say, everything from product to customer service has been exceptional

Brandon L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to use POS with a wonderful back office

Reviewed on 26/05/2016

Pros

ease of use and back office functionality.

Cons

not capable of running two devices on the same shift.

Andrew G.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Satisfied and happy

Pros

We gave NCR a crazy fast deadline to get our business up and running to be open and they came through!

Cons

The max characters allowed for product description. Having to use an ipad for your POS screen!

Tony O.

Worst Customer Service Ever

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Worst customer service I have ever had. Completely ignore me and don't solve the problem. I had to follow up with emails asking them where we were at with fixing the issue and no response. No initiative to fix the problem. No apology for setting up the loyalty program wrong and creating a mess. You will spend hours setting up and fixing all the mistakes these ppl make.

Pros

I like the Idea and the cost of the loyalty program, but other than that the service and supports is a joke

Cons

The customer service is a joke at best. Do not use NCR. I will be looking elsewhere in the future. Save yourself some time.

Teresa C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Would not recommend

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

I would not recommend NCR again as a POS option.

Pros

The back office system is the most organized thing about this product. Very simple and easy to use.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. They software and equipment often shut downs or fails in the middle of a show. Which means we miss out on sales. We have been working with NCR for months now for a solution.