Mentimeter

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 2+ years

Incredible transformation of presentations

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

This app is great for my projects that I use for my clients!

Pros

The fact that it can tranform a boring, long and tiring presentation, into one that is interactive, fun and cheerful makes it a great app.

Cons

I did not like the fact that, at times the app takes a lot of time to show the poll results to viewers.

Ahmet fatih Y.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Your virtual bonds with the audience

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Mentimeter makes my teaching more effective. I also use it as I lead my students to generate mind maps about any topic. They love seeing their voices heard in the presentation the moment they interact.

Pros

The templates are easy to use. The animations are engaging. My audience love being a part of the presentation.

Cons

Nothing so far as it meets all my expectations. It may be a bit time consuming to enter the code so using QR codes may be a better option.

Christopher G.

A better software than PowerPoint

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Pros

Being able to interact with viewers instantly makes this software more eye-catching than competitors such as Microsoft, simply because of this innovation has allowed Mentimeter to be a clear choice when someone wants to measure how attentive their audience is and make the viewer feel that they are being heard.

Cons

The fact that you have to pay for some tools makes some people not allow themselves to use this great software, it is true that it has some free tools and that you can work with them without any problem, but the fact that you are always receiving a notice to pay, ruins the experience of the software.

Erik P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

wow, just wow

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

I was at a conference when I first saw this program in use by one of the main speakers. I was amazed at how easy it was to feel like I was really participating with his talk. I had to try it myself. I made an account, explored the options, and setup a quick little survey to try with a small group at the office. It was so easy. I plan to use this again soon.

Pros

This is an absolutely amazing way to encourage engagement and group participation with your audience. It offers several different kinds of options and has all the bells and whistles you would expect with this kind of program.

Cons

I can't think of any feature in this program that was desired and missing or didn't work as I was hoping it would.

Debbie K.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for Free Trial

Menti Reviewd

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

I really enjoyed my experience as both a user and a developer of questions. I had a training coordinator show me the program and will be utilizing it into future trainings.

Pros

My training attendees and coordinator really enjoyed the process. The results were fun and contributed to a great conversation about our topic!

Cons

It's a little confusing at first to get an idea of where to start.

Reshma A.

WORD CLOUDS - my favourite thing!

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Engagement of staff at all levels - and that is so very important.

Pros

It is so easy to set up and customize various polls in different formats, to set up a specific brand and mode of presentation, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you can embed a menti directly into a Powerpoint slide so that you can directly run a presentation without breaking the flow.

Cons

Can't really think of anything significant -but perhaps I would say - lets see how else we can embed into other ways - Prezi for example? Or a live post on Workplace?

Rick R.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Mentimeter is great for engagement

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Overall, Mentimeter is a great tool to include in any presentation.

Pros

Mentimeter is a great tool for engaging an audience. Integrating the software into a presentation provides instant feedback on your audience's views.

Cons

Mentimeter offers limited options in the free trial, which limit the ability to evaluate the software before purchasing.

Paul B.

A smart tool that looks slick but has some frustrating limitations

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

We like Mentimeter a lot. You can be up and running with it in minutes, and it takes literally seconds to create a typical wordcloud or other slide. It looks amazing to those answering the questions. There are downsides though and I hope future updates will add functionality and improve the experience for paying users.

Pros

Mentimeter allows you to easily (very easily) create and launch live, interactive polls, surveys and quizzes and create cool things like wordclouds in real time. It has a really smooth mobile integration through the use of QR codes which is a killer feature in the modern age. We have frequently had "wow moments" in meetings, workshops and training sessions using Mentimeter as people see animated quiz standing come in in real time and the like. Zero learning curve from the users point of view and almost frictionless.

Cons

It has a few limitations that make it less slick from the point of view of the person using it compared to the people answering the questions. It does not integrate well with Powerpoint. There is an outdated and never updated plug in which crashes all the time and thus unusable. The other option is to import your slides into Mentimeter and do the whole thing from there. This is not always advisable because animations are not preserved and the general look of the slides suffers.

Without PPT integration, if you are running a remote session using Zoom or similar you are forcing people to navigate away from your window to use Mentimeter and then relying on them coming back to see the results come in in real time. It damages the experience tremendously. You get around this by showing QR codes and having them do it on their phones, but still, not ideal.

Another issue is that moving or otherwise adjusting slide shows inside Mentimeter is a huge pain. Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above). Even a no-integrated session with more than a few Mentimeter slides is a huge pain to adjust.

Finally, although they claim that switching between say PPT and Mentimeter on the fly is easy, it inhibits you from easily and smoothly moving to the next question. Not ideal.

AhaSlides

Reasons for Switching to Mentimeter

Mentimeter is far slicker and more professional looking
Chad E.

An efficient way to get instant feedback

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Pros

It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Cons

There are quite a few bugs:
Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code.
There are times when a question cannot be skipped.
It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

Justine C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Practically Non-Existent Customer Support

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

My experience with the customer support is woeful. My first few interactions were with a bot, which could not resolve my problem. I then interacted with a human (?) who similarly has yet to resolve my issue. I would state the issue, 24 - 48 hours later I would get a response which did not address it. I would immediately respond and 24 - 48 hours later a different person/bot would respond. It's been a week now and I still don't have resolution. Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all. The whole experience has been disappointing.

Pros

Has numerous features to add interactivity. Functionality is easy to grasp.

Cons

Uploading a presentation proved difficult, despite it meeting the designated parameters. All of the options such as quizzes, polling, etc were greyed out and couldn't be accessed. The basic option is really basic. I upgraded to get enhanced functionality and instead got nothing.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Mentimeter

I wanted to enhance my presentation with interactive real-time quizzes.
Jessica B.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great for maximising employee engagement and Q&A discussions...

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

When it works, it really works. We most recently used Mentimeter at our last internal staff training event. We had a room of about 30 employees, all who connected on their phones for the interactive part of our presentation. We hosted a 'Health and Safety' quiz, and employees loved seeing their results show up on the main presentation behind us. We were also able to export the results, and analyse the level of competence in the room - brilliant!

We use Mentimeter for internal staff events every 3-4 months and it has changed the level of engagement dramatically. All staff members now interact, and are deeply immersed in the presentation itself.

Pros

Mentimeter has been a great platform for engaging with our employees at our internal staff events. It has also increased audience participation overall enabling us to gain insightful feedback and opinions from all staff members, introverts and extroverts alike.

My favourite feature is the 'leaderboard' for hosting live quizzes, followed by the 'Q&A' feature. The latter is especially effective when you have a more reserved audience - they can submit their questions to the main presenter at the tap of button, ensuring their voice has been heard.

It is easy to use and user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Most importantly, the tool has enabled us to canvas the opinion of our staff members and engage with those who may not have felt like participating before.

You can create Mentimeter presentations to match your corporate brand too. Moreover, if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint, you will have no problem getting used to this software.

Cons

For those people who are not tech savvy at all, it can be a lengthy process of getting someone to "connect to WIFI", "open browser", "type in mentimeter URL", "type in presentation code". Indeed, if someone can facilitate their set up, the rest is easy - this is what we have done in the past and will continue to do so until everyone is familiar.

I would love to see more ideas from Mentimenter on how to use the software to its very best, particularly from different angles - e.g. marketing teams, training providers, HR interviewers, etc...

Brittane R.

My company uses Mentimeter to do a lot of our votings and anonymous feedback/questions.

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

I really like that we are able to ask our executive managers anonymous questions during staff meetings. This way, all our questions and concerns get answered without feeling self conscious about asking questions out in the open. My scrum team also uses the voting feature for our Sprint Retrospective. It makes the voting faster and provides visually appealing graphs and charts that can be easily read by everyone.

Cons

It can get confusing when using the codes to vote during our Scrum Retrospective. It means we have to have a different code for each team member. Having to input different codes each time can be tedious.

Bojan M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Simple yet great presentation software

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Mentimeter is a great tool that I use in almost all my classes. In a few minutes, you can collect students' opinions or create any kind of presentation. It is definitely a tool that I would recommend using

Pros

Mentimeter is super easy to use presentation software. I have used only free version, which is limited to 12 presentations but it was enough for what I have needed. There are many question types to choose from but I used (and liked) the most "word cloud". I am using word cloud almost regularly in my classroom as I would like to know students opinion about certain topic.

Cons

In my opinion pro plan is a little bit expensive and basic plan do not offer that much to switch from free to basic.

• Used for 6-12 months

Good tool for voting

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Pros

Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

Marcelina K.

amazing tool!

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Pros

I love that it makes studying easier. My professor showed it to us during lessons some time ago and it was a great tool to make lessons more interesting :)

Cons

everything works just fine, totally recommend

Nalin K.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

A good software to keep interest of the participant in a lecture

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Pros

the quiz is really useful to keep the participant alive in the lecture.

Cons

difficult to embed in PowerPoint. sometimes it is stuck when run as an embedded item in a PowerPoint slide.

Tee D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Engage & Interactive with your audience

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

I understand presentation can be boring, but with Mentimeter. It takes presentations to the next level plus it gives you live analytics on your presentation.

Pros

Mentimeter is easy to navigate and presentations fun and interactive. It provides like capablity for audiences to leave their opinions, polls and comments to keep your presentation rolling without outbursts or focusing on one to many questions during your presentation.

Cons

Depending on your mobile device, program may give some glitches to loading to next slide of the presentation.

Yannick W.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great tool for easy audience engagement

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Pros

- many types of questions to choose from
- quick and easy way to engage the audience and get feedback

Cons

- only annual subscription
- free version is limited

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A powerful software for interactive slides

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Mentimeter is a great tool when creating interactive slides in undergraduate classes. It permits both the students and the professor to participate actively in the class.

Pros

Mentimeter permits the administrator to create interactive slides. The students are motivated not only because their comments, questions and answers are presented anonymously during the class, but because they use their mobile phones and see the slides. Beyond the interactive slides, it includes clouds of words, quick tests, voting and express if they are enjoying the presentation.

Cons

The free version only permits a limited number of interactive slides. Despite the license is not considered expensive, it also limits some of the interactive tools and can cause the students to feel fatigued.

Yvonne S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Mentimeter makes presentations engagning

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Love Mentimeter! It's a great way to get your audience to participate and even guide your presentation where it needs to go based on their needs. I get the best results when I ask the audience what they want to learn and since it can be annoymous I get loads of participation and engagement.

Pros

I LOVE that you can integrate this into MS Powerpoint because I have seen so many presentations go from boring to engaging with Mentimeter. It helps that you can introduce a new topic and pull audiences back in with the use of this. Plus, you don't need any additional hardware since is web based.

Cons

If you have a whole lot of text or long questions and answer choices, it does affect the clean look of it. So if you write a whole lot or like to ask detailed questions, this may not look as nice.

• Industry: Higher Education

Great for interactive presentations

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

We have used this product many times and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use, can be accessed from anywhere, and most importantly is user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Even those who aren’t tech savvy can participate

Pros

After looking into many interactive presentation softwares, mentimeter came out on top. The thing I liked most about this product is that presentation attendees need not create a login, it is as simple as going to a website and typing in a code. This was a must for my needs. As I used this product, functionality became more clear. One feature that is really beneficial is the presentation shows up on users devices- this allows them to follow along AND not get distracted by other items. It is really nice that you can upload a PowerPoint and incorporate menti questions into your customized template.

Cons

The free version of this website is very limited, however, menti did give a discount to nonprofits so even on a tight budget, it is affordable.

• Industry: Chemicals

Perfect voting/interaction tool for presentation!

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Perfect tool that goes with the online meeting/presentation

Pros

Voters/Attendees of an online meeting can access the website easily via laptop/smartphone without any VPN (you just need a key from the organizer)
All votes are anonymous so opinions can be expressed more freely
Users can also raise questions using the same tool
All kinds of data visualization for text/statistics

Cons

Nothing to complain as an users. I'm not sure if the poll/questionnaire is ease to organize as a host.

Paula I.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

One of my favourite tools

Reviewed on 14/04/2015

I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time. I don't know of any other tool that could let you do this.

What I love is especially is the fact that I can make Mentimeter look almost exactly like our own PPT-template. I have been asked several times if this is an internal tool :)

Mentimeter is at it's most valuable when it spurs a discussion around the results. This can be incredible sometimes, since the audience has created the results together, they feel that what they are seeing is truly relevant and they often do their uttermost to draw the right conclusions from the data.

Karim J.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used for 6-12 months

Engaging and fun Virtual Meeting tool

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

MentiMeter was very helpful in many presentations I did. Audience enjoyed the quiz feature very well.

Pros

I liked the main user interface, ease of use for most of the features. I liked the polls and quiz feature is appealing to the eyes. It even has music and avatars.

Cons

I think it was too expensive for my budget. There was a new feature for remote, but It was super clear for me how to use and its purpose. Not sure if there was powerpoint add-ins?

Natalie G.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Fun, simple way to keep meetings engaging

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Our larger meetings (especially world-wide) have been revolutionized. People pay attention, can anonymously share what they truly feel, or participate in easy and manageable team building.

Pros

LOVE the word clouds-- great way to keep attention in meetings by asking for submissions like that or adding in polls. Really versatile software, usable both for business and for team building. Easy to use as "Two Truths and a Lie" game, trivia, etc. on top of gathering employee ideas/feelings relating to work

Cons

Honestly no complaints- very intuitive, simple, low-maintenance.