Prezi

Faith
Faith

Prezi is the modern Powerpoint

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Pros

I love how Prezi has incorporated a modern feel to the PowerPoint sphere. The software is convenient (there is a presentation app on your phones to help guide presenters through a presentation), templates are colorful and creative, and easy to use. I also love how the Prezi powerpoints is edited in real time. For instance, a user can create a Prezi and submit it as an assignment. However, they forgot to add or remove something but they've already sent the link in. If the user edits the Prezi after it's been submitted, one can click the link, and the changes made will be there. Compared to the standard PowerPoint and Google Slides where once you save and submit, you are stuck and you have to create a whole new presentation if you made a mistake.

Cons

A feature I would like to see Prezi improve on is smartphone accessibility. In Today's time, smartphones are getting bigger and bigger. Cellular data (with the rise of 5G) is getting more reliable. A lot of people are using their smartphones to do homework and office work without it being cumbersome. It would be great if we could be able to create and edit our Prezis on our smartphones. It would also be great if there was an offline mode (for both smartphones and desktops/laptops) where one can type and save the text belonging to their presentations. This can help those who are students struggling with internet connectivity.

Ripon
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

It makes presentations more engaging and interactive for the audience.

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

Prezi allows me to collaborate and work together on presentations. This is great for groups or teams who need to work together on a project.

Pros

Prezi is an online presentation software that allows me to create visually appealing presentations. Its unique zoom feature allows me to create visually interesting presentations. Prezi presentations are a great way to stand out from the crowd and grab the attention of our audience.Prezi is very user friendly and easy to learn. Its drag and drop interface makes it simple to create presentations and its intuitive tools make it easy to format and customize. Prezi presentations can include interactive elements such as quizzes, polls, and videos

Cons

Prezi does not offer as many presentation options as other software programs. It is limited in terms of customization and formatting options.Prezi presentations can be time-consuming to create. It is not as easy to create presentations as it is with other software programs.Prezi is not a free program. There are monthly and yearly subscription plans which can be expensive for some users.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Choosing Prezi

This is great for business presentations or presentations that involve data.

SlideDog

Reasons for Switching to Prezi

Prezi has a range of data analysis tools which can be used to display data in an interesting and informative way.
Ines
Ines

This Has Been A Great Tool

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Prezi started off as a competible alternative to Powerpoint, but now it is in a beta-stage where really all you should do is use Powerpoint and sit this one out. Let's see if they come around again.

Pros

I do like the looks of prezi. It's what I would call contemporary. I liked the flow of the slides and how one can create unique stories by blending into picture details or zooming out of them to show the bigger picture or relations between information/contents. Prezi has been easy to use and came with both prepared templates and blank pages to get creative all by yourself.

Cons

Prezi has implemented a total new surrounding. What's been free and a way more attractive alternative to Powerpoint now is paid and lacks a lot of features it used to have, such as creating or re-ordering slide paths / path hierarchies.

Meaghan

Prezi Your Premium Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Pros

I absolutely love Prezi's animation feature. It helps keep focus and engagement up during presentations.

Cons

I love the customizable templates but more options to choose from would be amazing.

Megan
Megan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Your professional and interactive presentations

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Prezi has helped me to make my presentations look more professional, dynamic, and creative and very organized, the easy and simple integration of photos and videos in a coordinated way has been useful for me.

Pros

I love Prezi because it gives the presentations a touch of originality and professionalism, plus they are very attractive, this helps capture the attention of the audience for whom the presentations are directed, since they look more exclusive than power point. In addition, Prezi is simple to use since it explains how to make your presentation, it is a very intuitive platform, it is not only for image and text presentations, but also has integrated Prezi video, which is a tool for editing and makes nice videos.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that sometimes it tends to be slow depending on the internet connection.

Eduardo
Eduardo

Smart presentation

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

I use mostly for internal presentations, with my coworkers. They are very useful for training and help a lot in terms of displaying graphs and data so that the information can be better understood. However, I have supported other teammates in creating business presentations and it has been an excellent experience. Not only the options it gives to create presentations but the speed at which you can create one are treasured features of Prezi

Pros

Prezi breaks parameters regarding creation of presentations. It is easy to use and it is very easy to embed text, links and images. It is incredible how someone with almost zero knowledge of graphic design can create a presentation with superior stylistic criteria. It has features that make presentations very attractive. Additionally, the ability to work in a team in the same presentation helps a lot.

Cons

There may be need a little more templates for the business version, day by day customers are more demanding and more impressive visual resources are needed. Taking into account the above, the excessive use of these resources can take center stage

Sheilla
  • Industry: Design

Amazing - with some limitations

Reviewed on 19/08/2023

Overall, the ability to create hyper-dynamic presentations makes Prezi a must-have tool for things like training, onboarding, or corporate presentations. The inability to make greater design changes is very limiting and I hope that changes in the future. I haven't used PowerPoint since.

Pros

I love how interactive and engaging Prezi is - which is the one thing that makes it stand apart. Simply put - there's no other software I've found that makes these kinds of dynamic presentations.

Cons

The fact that templates cannot be changed is extremely limiting and downright frustrating. After building out presentations and wanting a design refresh, one will essentially have to rebuild the entire Prezi again from scratch using another template design.

Selim
Selim

Dazzling Presentations Made Easy

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Pros

It helps you create captivating presentations with visual help and detailed interfaces. And it's very easy to use. The execution of the presentation is also easy to use, as long as you prepare an easy-to-remember choreography :)

Cons

Nothing to complain to be honest. My overall experience with this product is very positive. I used to do product presentations and it always helped me impress my clients and chief officers.

César
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

An excellent alternative

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

In my personal experience, it is a platform that is very useful if you want to be different, if you want to give what you do more personality. It is easy and intuitive to use, and can also be used professionally and educationally.

Pros

I like that it is completely different from other design platforms, it has tools that are unique, and that allow you to give personality to the work you do. It has a large number of functions and templates, very useful and easy to use.

Cons

I don't like that the free version is so limited. Also, I'm not convinced by the cloud save system.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Canva

Reasons for Switching to Prezi

Because it has a unique style to the other platforms.
Summer
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Prezi is the BEST for College Students/ Students in General.

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

My overall experience with Prezi has be amazing. I like how the software is set up, and the contorl methods. Also, the customer service has been amazing. If I had any issues with logging in (if I forgot my password), they were able to assist me in no time.

Pros

I like how Prezi is the futuristic presentation method. In college, this makes learning and doing work fun and interesting because, I am in control of my work. This software allows me to express myself and allows me to get the job done.

Cons

At first when I used this software, it was a bit confusing. Other than that, I really began to enjoy it, and now it is my go to presentation software.

Thao
  • Industry: Research
  • Used for 2+ years

A super software to make your presentation exceptional

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

At first, I had a little trouble learning how to use all of the functions, but once I got used to them all, I'm usually the only one who could impress others, not only with a confidence presenting skill, but also with an exceptional presentation. I think it's all worth the time that you put in to learn how to use it. It's similar to programming languages when it's super hard and confusing at first, what you get in the end all make it satisfying and worth it.

Pros

This is probably the best software to make a aesthetically pleasing, unique, coherent presentation that I've ever chose to use. With Prezi, the sky is the limit! I could make my presentation so creative with just a few tricks. It has all of the animations and effects that one would need to make the presentation flow logically.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend this software for any beginners who want to have their presentation done quickly. The learning process is quite time-consuming.
Sometimes the frames are glitchy/overlapping on each other that makes it harder to control.
Also, the collaboration on top of the whacky internet browser and a slow computer processor can make the working process stuttering/not smooth.

Ivan

My honest review about Prezi

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

No more boring or traditional presentatios, also I use it as a virtual learning plattform, there is not a better option, you MUST have premium package, this is so powerful with no cons.

Pros

The features to create any kind of presentation with no limits and no linear canvas
You can add any kind of content, images, videos, audios also live present, screen sharing and video conference
It works with virtual camera software and video chat or video calls
You can create awesome contents, also statistics, dashboards and a lot
You can get education prices very low budget

Cons

The software has multiple benefits, for me has no limitations or cons, I use it weekly and every week there are more features, more tools and its becoming better every day

Tara

Worth the Extra Cost

Reviewed on 16/01/2022

Overall, Prezi is worth the price point for the experience you receive. I’m an educator and with the pandemic still causing occasional shutdowns, Prezi makes a great opportunity to showcase new lessons as well as review material and integrates excellently through Zoom video chat. Students (or viewers, as I’ve been on the other side of the presentation as well), are engaged by the animations, vivid “pop at you” features where typed information can be displayed in bubbles and shapes that transform into other shapes as you progress through the presentation slides. I ditched Microsoft PowerPoint for Prezi due to all the glitches and lag in that program. Prezi is made to fit perfectly in our current technological world.

Pros

I use Prezi for presentations, to review material with my students, and as an end of year slideshow video. It’s versatile and engaging with fun animations.

Cons

The price after the free trial is worth it to me for the ability to use this great program. It’s unfortunate that more features aren’t free without paying, but it’s still worth the money to be able to create such engaging presentations and slideshows for my class.

David
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 2+ years

Useful, and incredible in its appearance, but a tad complicated.

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Overall, I feel it was a good and worthwhile experience, but the effort put in to understand the program almost negated the benefits of using it.

Pros

I love the options! You have so much freedom to create/design the presentations in any way you want, and the uses of those expand so far past basic presentations. The appearance of them makes all other templates and programs borderline useless, and in fact this program surpasses all others.

Cons

Its confusing, and definitely NOT for the "casual user". The learning curve is steep and to take advantage of all the uses and function you almost need a college type course to learn the ins and outs. Its useful don't get me wrong, but the time needed to learn it can at time surpass the time needed to use it.

Paulo
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Unique experience in giving presentations

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Excellent option for presenting 'with style'.

Excellent option for presenting 'with style'.

Pros

I love Press for allowing you to make presentations in such an innovative way. Features like the zoom reveal and the smart structures allow you for an experience that would never be possible in an app like PowerPoint. Also, the analytics feature is quite helpful, and just like on PowerPoint, you can collaborate with other people in real time, too. :)

Cons

If you're using an old computer at the client's or something, chances are that it could get a little laggy during zoom reveals. But that's a minor; works quite well in most cases.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Choosing Prezi

Unique user experience that would not be possible on PowerPoint.

Reasons for Switching to Prezi

As good as Apple's Keynote can get, in the end it's just a more polished version of PowerPoint. Prezi, on the other hand, provides a unique experience.
Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Prezi has more Power than Powerpoint!

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

I was first introduced to Prezi in one presentation I attended at a local university. My initial impression was that it was such a powerful, engaging, visually stimulating tool for making presentations. Ever heard of "Death by Powerpoint"? Well, Prezi has some magical powers to alleviate such boredom by making slides twist, turn, zoom in/out, pop out, and see the minute to the BiG picture!

Collaboration is at the heart of Prezi Business. It makes your Prezi presentations and story creation more dynamic by engaging more minds to work on the same material together. Feedback and commenting are easy via the chat feature. Teams can also work on a common/shared folder for easy access to content. This is cloud based so we can all work together anywhere and anytime as long as we're connected to the net.

At the end of the day what matters is the effectiveness of one's presentation/efforts. Prezi Business has helped our marketing team via Data Analytics. We are able to get actual data feedback on who viewed our Prezi, which parts are engaging and which parts are boring and where they tend to just skip through, etc. This feedback helps us to further improve specific parts of our storyboard, visuals, and presentations.

There are many templates and sample/public Prezi's out on the Internet to be used as a reference. It can also be branded accordingly using one's corporate logo and images.

Cons

Prezi is a little more difficult to explain and to train our (older) staff. Hence, it took a bit of a learning curve to grasp the tools and to fully maximize its features (esp the analytics). People got so used to PowerPoint that they initially resisted Prezi. I just wish Prezis can be downloaded or exported into an executable presentation for mobility/run-anywhere without the need for Internet access.

An Excellent Presentation Tool When Used Right

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

If a user understands how Prezi is different or better than a slideshow, then it is very easy to create

Pros

Prezi is a presentation tool that breaks out of the restrictive slide format to create dynamic presentations that make use of a large canvas that the presentation moves along by sliding, scaling, or rotation the framing to. With this format, it is much easier to visualize information and how information relates to itself. This large canvas also makes seeing the bigger picture clearer compared to slides.

While a programmed set of movements and framing is used to create the flow of the presentation, this flow can be broken out of any time to change the framing dynamically. This is useful if, for example, someone asks a question and changing the current framing would help answer this question.

The collaboration tools and online functionality in Prezi are excellent, allowing for easy real-time changes to be made on a presentation. In addition to real-time changes, there is a chat for present collaborators and the ability to add comments to the presentation.

Cons

Prezi is more difficult to use compared to more traditional presentation tool, especially if a user has trouble breaking out of the habits of using other tools. The freedoms afforded by Prezi can be a negative to delivering a presentation, as it can be distracting during the creation and presenting of a presentation. A well put-together slideshow will be more effective than a poorly put-together Prezi.

Prezi is a more closed system compared to another offline tool such as Google Slides. This makes it more difficult to download and present and to intergrate with other tools.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Decent Presentation Making Software, Better Than Most

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

My overall experience with Prezi has been great, as my presentations have been coming out more seamlessly and professionally than ever before. I also noticed that the time it takes to complete a presentation has decreased several-fold, allowing me more time to work on other tasks, thus leading to greater work efficiency.

Pros

What I like best about Prezi is its simplicity of use and optional download feature, meaning an individual has the option of using the software as a desktop app or via a simple web browser, preferable Chrome or Firefox. I also very much like how simple it is to save presentations on Prezi such that content would not be lost. The variety of features available is very comparable to more expensive services, which is also great. Lastly, ease of use is wonderful due to their not being any hidden functionalities or features - everything is in plain sight on the interface and is simple to implement.

Cons

The only thing I can point out as a negative when it comes to this software is that it occasionally freezes up when editing on a web browser, necessitating a refresh of the window that is open. These freezes can occur once an hour, on average, (at least in my opinion), but a simple refresh of the browser usually fixes the issue. Outside of this one small issue, there is not much else to report as a negative, as all my tasks are being completed efficiently and professionally.

Tetty
  • Industry: Furniture

A Non Boring Presentation Tool You Would Love

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

I worked using Prezi when i was in college. I took Television and Film as my major. I work a lot in brainstorming and sharing ideas on television program and filmmaking. It is requiring a good visualization to support the ideas. The process of making televison program or film is always related to visual. I have to explain the background of each ideas and how it look like when we finally implement those ideas. It means i have to do research, for example in character building such as in which type of body, costume and make up for each character etc. Prezi help me to share my ideas, thought and research in a quite interesting way with all the motion graphic features. I can always add pictures too. My classmate told me it is easy to understand and less boring.

Pros

If you are looking for a non boring presentation tool, then Prezi might be a good choice for you. It is very easy to use, the first time you open it you can choose presentation template that you would like to use. There is many template option along with very interesting motion or animation and background. Unlike presentation tool from Microsoft which allow you to work in pages, in Prezi all the pages are shown in one page with grouping just like mind mapping system. You can connect or link one page to another with cool zoom in or zoom out motion effect. To change the text you can simply click the text box and type your words. You can also change the font type and size. You can always add images and it is also provide you with infographic in case you need it.

Cons

If you work with a lot of image, make sure you didn't insert a big resolution image because it might crash when you save it or it wont load when you do the presentation. But just do final check and make sure everything is working before you present it.

Atif

An unique presentation tool full of features

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

In a nutshell, as I get benefited from it, I would love to recommend to the all people.

Pros

If you don't want to do a boring presentation then Prezi can save you from it. It has so many exciting features which you will love most. They provide so many built in template also. With the help of Prezi, I was able to achieved the best possible boost in my career.

Cons

I found nothing bad in Prezi. In terms of other presentation tool like Microsoft Powerpoint, Prezi is way more ahead of them.

Bolatito
Bolatito

Favorite way to create amazing presentations.

Reviewed on 23/07/2023

Thanks to Prezi, I can effortlessly craft presentations that are not only visually striking but also easy to comprehend for my team. The tool empowers me to present complex data in a captivating manner, grabbing attention swiftly and ensuring that my ideas are understood effectively. Undoubtedly, Prezi's ability to deliver detailed information in such an engaging way is a significant advantage that greatly benefits my communication efforts.

Pros

Prezi helps spark my creativity, offering an easy-to-navigate interface and a wide range of customization options that make it an excellent choice for those seeking to make a powerful impression with their presentation templates. Its remarkable zoom feature captivates my audience by guiding their focus to specific elements on my slides while maintaining engagement throughout the course of my presentation session.

Cons

Creating an effective presentation in Prezi is quite burdensome and time-consuming, something I truly dislike. The constant fear of any mistakes potentially leading to disastrous consequences adds even more pressure, compelling me to invest extra time in ensuring every aspect is flawlessly aligned for my presentation.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Good online presentation software to get creative with

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

Pros

I like being able to create a presentation online as I can log into my Prezi account and work from anywhere. It is pretty intuitive to use and I like being able to pull images off the internet from the actual Prezi site itself instead of going to a search engine and finding what I want to copy and paste it in. You can get some really interesting presentations and are able to get pretty creative with it. While having all the transitions and amazing graphics, you'd might believe lots of effort was required to produce the presentation. The reality is that Prezi handles a lot of that and makes it easy for users to link slides and add transitions. I love using Prezi when I have ample time to create a presentation and when I am too lazy to make a template myself (Prezi templates are beautiful!).

Cons

Prezi can be a little slow when loading but that is to be expected when it has to load and support many graphics and transitions. Also if you are looking to create a quick presentation, Prezi might not be suited for that instance. While there are many templates to choose from, you still have to edit all the elements and decide what you would want to keep or get rid of. It can be a bit fidgety at times, so if you are trying to use Prezi to churn out a last minute presentation, I would advise you to give yourself more time!

Kidhogwa
Kidhogwa

Prezi – the go-to tool for a professional presentation

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

The program makes it interesting for the viewers. They can concentrate and know what you are telling them. I recommend it as you are going to get a notable change in your client’s response.

Pros

As a business person, I have come to learn that presentations can be a bit boring (if you use the wrong tools). So, I wasn’t surprised when I saw one of our prospective clients yawning when presenting a business proposal. Ouch! We were likely going to lose him.
When I bumped into Prezi for business, I knew that I had to take it in. Apart from bringing life in the presentation room, it helped me better connect with my clients. All thanks to the unique visual aids. I have loved using Prezi because I believe it’s the future for presentation.
To begin with, creating dynamic and fresh slides using the app is easy and fast. I also found it interesting as I could integrate texts, images, documents, and videos. You can easily navigate through the features too.
Also, like google drive, you can collaborate with clients which are the center stage for Prezi. This creates a perfect platform for users to exchange ideas as they work on the same material.

Cons

I found it a little bit tricky to explain it to the older staff. During the training, it took long for them to adapt.

• Used for 1+ year

Prezi - A great idea or headache?

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

We have impressed many clients by using Prezi. I think it is a great statement presentation, that will help keep presentation engagement. You can try Prezi for free, so you risk nothing by trying it !

Pros

The best thing about prezi, hands down is it is more captivating than a powerpoint. The way it moves from slide to slide, and can zoom in and out for a big reveal is a lot of fun. If you're familiar with powerpoint, it should be somewhat easy to transition, and everything is straight forward for the most part.

The support team is also really great -- I once over wrote an important project and they were able to get it back for me. Communication was fast and quick, and I am still grateful.

If you can code or if you have a coder, you can add in your own code to make the Prezi presentation match your brand/business effortlessly.

Cons

It revolves a lot of creative thinking to make a Prezi really shine, and it can easily give someone a headache or get dizzy if used incorrectly. It's easy to get lost in the pizazz of the effects and overkill your project.

Some people just don't feel the need to put a lot of creative energy into a presentation, and I think is lacking on already built templates. I also think Prezi is better used for one off presentations, rather than multiple branded presentations.

You also need to be connected to the internet to use this software, and even though we're almost always connected in some fashion, it can be inconvenient to not be able to build a presentation while being offline.

Julio César
Julio César

Beautiful interface, incredible templates, Prezi business is the top XXI Century presentation...

Reviewed on 27/05/2018

You are able to get tons of cool features and templates to complete ground-braking and stunningly beautiful presentations. Even though it might be a little too pricey, at the end of the day it worths it.

Pros

Prezi business offers young and experienced entrepreneurs, teachers and business people as well tons of visually-engaging features for making ground-braking visual presentations, no matter the field or topic. this software offers an intuitive and easy-to-get layout, fresh and simple to use, which ultimately allows both tech novices and experts as well on getting their points of views or observations attractive to audiences who are looking for both a satisfying and inspiring. Pro users have the chance of getting the most out of this product, with tons of online templates, useful tutorials and the permanent customer support that Prezi has always more than willing to offer. Getting the hand out of this tool will be a pleasant experience, one that surely make you want to go further and further with the stunning visuals and numerous options. Prezi business is the definite presentation tool for users who want to stun their viewers with more than just power point tools. The team is always trying to upgrade and add relevant features, and I truly do not think they are going to stop any sooner, keep up the good work.

Cons

Having such a user-friendly and capable free version out there, people might find it a little hard to go further to obtain this payed version, as it could be considerably pricey for most.