Talkdesk

The world's leading cloud-based contact center software.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

671 Software options

Cortney K.

TalkDesk is above the rest! - Cortney K

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

TalkDesk has been reliable and above the rest. We started with ShoreTel and switched to TalkDesk and the improvements are not measurable.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. As long as you have an established internet connection, you can use TalkDesk anywhere!

Cons

Sometimes the audio is best when connected via ethernet cable.

Kallen B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Talkdesk: The perfect tool for your support team!

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

It has been an awesome experience using Talkdesk. This software has allowed us to grow and has supported us at every step. Additionally, their CX team is outstanding and very supportive.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use. Agents learn to use this tool in a matter of moments. Additionally, the Studio for IVR allows incredible flexibility in our IVR. This has made it easier for client to get to the correct team and helped to improve their overall satisfaction.

Cons

The Reports. Talkdesk recently launched Explore which houses all the reports in one location but it is still really hard to know which report to run. Once you find your desired report, you need to pull it out to excel or google sheets to manipulate the data and build any kind of visual.

However, most of the data you want can be found in these reports.

8x8 X Series

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk

We needed more features at the right price

8x8 X Series

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk

Talkdesk had all the needed features (IVR, Recording, Monitoring call, real time report) and was the right price.
Tyler F.

Powerful phone system, though focus shifting away from startups

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

We needed a phone system which allowed our distributed team to take business calls on mobile numbers and not expose their personal phones. Talkdesk has empowered this use case, though we wish the apps were easier to use.

Pros

Product is full featured, including full ability to call anywhere (including internationally), digital voicemail, contact management, calling from a browser, analytics and performance statistics, and integration with CRMs. You can also receive incoming calls via phone line rather than just via data connection. Many customization options including business hours settings, which phone lines to ring in certain circumstances, and a call tree builder are also helpful.

Cons

For the longest time, Talkdesk did not have apps for iOS nor Android, but now it appears that they do as of October 2019. Even still, you need to activate the app via a technical support request, which is not a very user-friendly way to handle things. The web-browser based version occasionally hangs (nonresponsive) and a page reload is required, even though we are using a modern computer and modern browser. We've also noticed that the company's focus is shifting away from small customers and startups towards only enterprise customers, so the platform is not as easy to deploy or use for this segment as it was before.

OpenPhone, RingCentral MVP and Grasshopper

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk

Grasshopper was not connecting all calls, meaning a customer would call us and leave a message, yet none of our agents were never rang or notified. We haven't had this problem much with Talkdesk (though, not never).

Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk

Balance between cost and feature set
Nikki K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Like mentioned before, working in customer service there is a lot of times where I had to speak with the customer call someone else at the moment. Putting the customer on hold and at the same moment calling at a different place was really helpful. Great service! Really satisfied.

Pros

I would say the best thing is that it is really easy using the Callbar, reviewing calls, conference calls, transferring calls, etc. While working in Customer Service I used Talkdesk 8 hours a day and for that kind of job is very important to have a fast and easy way to reach out to the customers.

Being able to find previous calls in two clicks is the best thing ever. Yes, you have to put the number but that's about it. When you put the number it takes you to a site where you can check all the calls you made with that phone number, even years ago. I could've listened to a call that my colleagues made which help me perform better in my call.

Cons

So far, can't complain. There were times that the widget would not work but the web was always working as a backup plan.

Vladimir P.

User-friendly and easy to use

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

It helps a lot with the proper call distribution, which is crucial for multi-language support. In addition, the ease of manipulating the roles and the lines, allows us to react immediately, depending on the languages and priorities needed on the spot.

Pros

The ease of installation, usage, and fast reporting tools. Easy to be set up for new agents and changed for the current ones, along with the user-friendly UI, which allows prompt assigning of different roles, access, and support lines.

Cons

Actually, the tool is really user-friendly, even for the admins. However, It will be a good option to have the calls/chats distribution prioritization a bit more customizable. I've run over the default prioritization, which is quite logical and brings a lot of sense and light over the talkdesk work, but it would be great to have the option to prioritize the distribution to a particular agent and then to change this prioritization to another one. Especially, when we work on different languages, level of expertize, and have different contact channels.

Armend P.

Easy and convinient

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Slice is the software which connects our company with thousands of customers on a daily basis and makes our business successful.

Pros

I have been using talkdesk for more than 3 years. It is part of my daily job now and without talk desk my job as a digital marketing rep is unimaginable. Talkdesk gives you the opportunity to reach out to your customers and partners in a very easy way, the quality of the voice is great and you never have any kind of issues with the voice. Talkdesk is very easy to use and timesaving I don't think that there is any better product than talkdesk. Keep up the great work guys.

Cons

So far everything is great using this software and it has been more than 3 years now. It gets updated and improved all the time. My suggestion for this software is if there is any possibility to change the tones when you dial.

Kerri K.

Talkdesk was there when we needed it

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Easy to use, with the options to expand and customize TD to your needs.

Pros

I really like how Talkdesk allows you to view and customize the reporting section of the site. You are able to see the statuses of your agents and the number of calls coming in, response times, etc. Having a dashboard so visibly appealing and easily usable is fantastic.

Cons

I do NOT like that you cannot put a client on hold. You have to mute them before finding the number to transfer them. Super frustrating.

Steven B.

Talkdesk Review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Good product, always improving, good customer service, easy to rollout and administer.

Pros

App can be used from anywhere and allows our servicedesk to be mobile and take calls from anywhere. Always listening to feedback for future features. Good call quality.

Cons

Features can take a while to roll out even when promised by a certain date. Reporting could be more robust.

Kenneth K.

A fresh take on an old necessity

Reviewed on 21/06/2016

There are a lot of longstanding names in the call center software arena. Like many verticals with legacy providers, aging code bases make agile integration, extensibility, and the introduction of innovative new capabilities difficult.

Talkdesk is the relatively newcomer to the cloud call center software space that we found to be the perfect mix of fresh, full-featured, and reliable. After all, your phone system in nothing on which you can take a gamble.

As we have grown and our needs increased, so too have the capabilities of the Talkdesk platform. We have been very happy with the decision to leverage Talkdesk as our call center solution and look forward to continuing to leverage new platform capabilities as they are introduced.

Pros

1. A wide array of out of the box integrations with other widely used platforms
2. Great customer success management
3. An innovative team that is eager to add platform capabilities but consider tackling in new, potentially more effective ways than what currently exists.
4. Lots of opportunities to share feedback and participate in new beta offerings
5. Good value for the price per seat
6. Effective as a cross-company phone solution, both for call center and non call center staff.

Cons

1. An API to an API. Because TalkDesk is built on top of twilio and other telephony providers, the API is effectively a bridge to another API which currently limits integration capabilities.
2. Sometimes slow to respond or ineffective technical customer support when troubleshooting integration issues.

Worst experience we had

Reviewed on 06/11/2015

I was really happy that i found a cloud sollution for our company with lots of integrations.
The contract was made in just couple of days and we started to use the solution from day 1. The sale agent was really great.

Now, the problems started when we opened the first ticket to support which was handled in 3 or 4 days (for a call-center sollution this is extremely high). There are tickets which was never handled. Later on if you wanted a ticket to be resolved you needed to go on their facebook page and write the ticket number along with a small complain. Take a look on their facebook page, and you will see lots of complaints there along with tickets number.

After couple of months we have seen a really high raise in our cost and we knew that something is not normal. After a small investigation we discovered that we have been overcharged with over 3000$ in 4-5 months. After an intern audit which was done in over 6 weeks by Talkdesk, we have recieved the money back to our talkdesk account. The fun part is that we cannot use the money which was taken illegaly for paying the monthly services, they need additional money.

This is totally unacceptable! Anyway, it was a lot of friction between us. We even try to contact the CEO of TalkdDesk on Linkedin which by the way didnt't even reply to our problem.
Talkdesk was the worst experience in 8 years since i have started the company. Think twice before you will use their services.

Pros

Nice app, nice design, easy to use, good quality of sound.

Cons

Support and Billing needs to much time to reply. The billing system is not transparent at all. You cannot see the cost of each call in your dashboard. You never know when you will be overcharged. Nobody cares about you after you have signed the contract. They are interested only in your money.

Response from Talkdesk

We're really sorry about your experience, and we definitely agree we could have done a much better job in this case. In the course of this year, we've significantly grown the Talkdesk team, switched to a new billing system, and gone from 2 people working in support, to over 30. We're now answering most support enquiries within a few hours, and satisfaction rates are very high. We're available 24 hours a day during the week to assist our customers. We've replied directly to you specifically addressing the final concern you had, and you've now told us you consider the problem solved. We hope you continue to stay with us, but if you do decide to leave we understand and we'll make it as easy as possible for you to move elsewhere.

Venkat Y.

TalkDesk - One stop solution for your VOIP Calling

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Pros

I've been using TalkDesk for a while now and the good thing I never had an instance of missing my work-related calls on my phone. A very clean user-friendly setup allows you to transfer calls to your hand-held devices or phones. And the best thing is call quality. I know TalkDesk uses Plivo call endpoints to route calls and I've also used Plivo in the past which has the best voice quality on VOIP calls. All in all, I'd def recommend TalkDesk to anyone who is looking out for a VOIP calling solution for your workplace.

Cons

There's none actually. It's a simple interface which doe not have any serious complications or setup work. I think the reporting functionality can be improved a bit as there is always room for improvement on any Product

Jasmine Q.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Talk desk has been such a blessing for us

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Overall it has been awesome, one of the best systems so far and I have been working as a customer service rep for 7 years. Just the small things listed above that would make it much easier to navigate through it while on calls, but I believe the majority of those things are controlled by our company any way. Thank you talk desk for a great product.

Pros

The integration with our portal it makes it super easy to use.

Cons

The only small inconveniences which may be able to be changed by our company. The inability to add a call on the other line without it being a transfer, the inability to access settings while in a call, inability to add notes to a call while doing a warm transfer. Sometimes we call properties on behalf of residents and need to be able to write down what the property is saying. The frustration of some headphones not working well on it.

Allyson A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Talkdesk is very useful and an essential tool for my job.

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Pros

This software provides the option to listen back to my calls. - LOVE this option.
I like the reports tab so I can track my progress throughout the month.

The fact I can link it with my Saleforce account. This has been a godsend. Thank you to whoever is responsible for this.

Cons

I wish Talkdesk would utilize caller ID. If it is an unknown number, I wish i could go ahead and see that her name is Stacy.
I wish there was a way to pull up the call log for the number that is calling in easily. So many times I get "Can you see who I was speaking to last" and it would be nice if there was a shortcut.

Riccardo I.

Easy to use - Amazing customer service

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

I found Talkdesk very easy to use for all my team and also the integration with our CRM software was smooth and fast.
But the best aspect to highlight is the support and help we received by the customer service any time we had an issue, a request or plainly a question about their product.

Cons

We experienced some problems of connectivity and delay in the voice returning in a few specific countries (Middle East ones, Russia).

Adam L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Use talkdesk a lot with some issues, but mostly with ease

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Talkdesk is my primary tool to sell a ton of insurance. It does the job.

Pros

It seems to work when I need it.
Records calls when I want it to, but can be shut off when dealing with payment info.
Routes calls and voicemails efficiently.
Easy to use interface.

Cons

-Typically have to refresh the window several times throughout the week.
-Voicemail recordings can take a while to load.
-Doesn't work great with all headphone types.

Ben R.

Simply the BEST! Better than ALL the rest!

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Second to none. I rebuilt my phone IVR and email queues in the peak of the pandemic in under 72 hours, virtually on our own given the simplicity of the system. Not only that, but it gave us a ton more by way of features and functionality compared to our legacy system that was 1/3 higher in price.

Pros

All-in-one solution! TalkDesk took me from 4 independent systems into one. Not only did it provide an improved end-user experience but it improved efficiency significantly which has directly lead to FTE savings.

Cons

I would like to see more TalkDesk built apps so I don't need to rely heavily on the apps. I will say though, the app feature is VERY cool and there are a ton of cool add-ons.

Rodrigo G.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Implementation was really easy and reporting is easy.

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Is being great! great tool, great support, great features, overall great decision!

Pros

Talkdesk is a great tool, intuitive and easy to use. Coming from complicated platforms like Avaya and Five9, Talkdesk is really ahead of the competition. From the reporting easiness and the trouble-free implementation, I have no issues recommending it to anyone.

Cons

Reporting may include more options for power users.

Nicole D.

The perfect tool for customer support

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

An effective and efficient call center solution.

Pros

I'm part of the customer support team of an internet marketing and SEO software company. Talkdesk has been a great tool for our team as it's simple, easy and convenient to use. We're able to make international calls and track/log all phone interactions with clients. They even have a widget mode for effortless phone call monitoring! Highly recommend.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to be notified of a missed call or voicemail assigned to you rather than refreshing the dashboard every time.

Katie S.

The contact center solution that your company needs!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

As our company grows, Talkdesk helps us to cater to a variety of markets. This tool allows me to work efficiently and monitor my performance both in the office and while working remotely.

Pros

Talkdesk is a great tool that makes making calls efficient and easy. I appreciate how Talkdesk and Salesforce migrate to allow me to log my calls, click to call and auto dial. Additionally, the voice drop feature makes my daily calls a lot less mundane. This platform's simple design makes it very user friendly.

Cons

I wish that there were a way to log notes from a call in Talkdesk and have that migrate into Salesforce under the customer's account. There are also some issues with the Google Chrome extension.

Desiree B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Refreshing Change

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

I am incredibly impressed with the ease of Talkdesks interface. As a user an administrator, I have no difficulties finding everything I need almost immediately. We have not had any systematic or tech issues with Talkdesk thus far, and any questions we have are promptly answered by the support team.

Pros

The most appealing aspect about Talkdesk is its many features and add-ons. There are functionalities available to sync (at some point) to other apps and programs, that we've considered using in the future.

Cons

To date, there arent any specific features that I dislike about my daily usage of Talkdesk.

Megan B.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Connecting to SalesForce is seamless

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

When I first started using Talkdesk there were issues! unforeseen ones that we did not expect. The best part is that I was able to do conference call with their customer support and Bing BANG BOOM the issue was fixed. Now that I can use the admin tool to customize reports and views I am very happy!

Pros

I enjoy that I can connect this to my Salesforce and have it be seamless when it comes to pre-populating an account and transferring over the voice call for instant review.
I am also a HUGE fan of the customization when it comes to reporting and the dashboard!

Cons

On occasion (which could be the Wi-fi) the calls do not connect to the correct case or even get a 1-2 second delay for the call to connect.

Maryjane C.

Great for Support and Good Salesforce Integration

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

This product provides great access for our Support team to service our clients by integrating with Salesforce to log calls, push notes to cases, and monitor productivity. They have good reporting in the app and great pre-built dashboards and datasets within Salesforce that are helpful off the shelf and pretty easy to customize for our needs.

Cons

The inbound functionality is robust but the outbound functionality lacks some of the bells and whistles we needed for our Sales team.

Stephanie L.

Solid Reporting

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

We’ve been using Talkdesk for the last year or so. It’s better than ring central but we do have connection issues from time to time (calls dropping). I really like the reporting but I would love the ability to customize my own reports instead of picking from a handle full of premade ones. Additionally, we’ve struggled to integrate zendesk’s reporting perfectly with Talkdesk, so we had to pull data separately.

Pros

I like the reporting tool and the interface that we can share with the team.

Cons

Not being able to customize reports. Calls drop from time to time and the app can crash.

Britton W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Makes for an easy call center

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

The setup was a breeze and adding new agents and numbers takes almost no time at all. Call recording and quality is fantastic.

Cons

Admin and customization can be confusing at times and seems like some features are missing compared to competitors. Lack of SMS is a bummer. Looks like some upcoming updates should fix some admin issues.

Allie A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Its So Easy!

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Talkdesk Cloud Contact Center has provided me with the easiest tools to make my job easier. It is simple and efficient! Overall, I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a service like this. It has made my job easier!

Pros

Simple to use. I have everything in one place, and it is so easy to navigate!

Cons

Nothing! It is a great software that actually makes my job easier.