ADP Vantage HCM

174 Software options

Gena R.

Payroll system that's robust

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Make sure to do your research if you are considering ADP, it's a huge company and that comes with benefits but it's important to know where they may fall short in servicing your needs as well.

Pros

ADP can be used for small or large businesses depending on the needs of payroll. What's interesting about the product is that it can be very versatile. The product is very easy to navigate and maneuver once you are trained. They have multiple extensions that you can dig into as well if you are looking to expand.

Cons

I've used ADP with a couple of different companies of varying size and while it's great that it can flex between large and small companies. I found that the customer service was a challenge at both companies. Payroll companies offering a dedicated resource for a contact is really important especially when related to time sensitive matters.

Angie T.
  • Industry: Farming

Implementation was a nightmare

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

We converted to ADP this past March after positive recommendations from a couple of colleagues that have been on the platform for a few years. Our implementation was an absolute nightmare. We spent much more time, energy, resources and money on it than should have been necessary. The unfortunate part is that as of August, the wrinkles still had not been ironed out. For example, at implementation we received emails from an implementation specialist at the company recommending us to purchase a certain tablet to use at all our locations for the time keeping system. We went ahead and purchased them, which was costly, only to find out after countless hours on the phone with support and many frustrated employees, that ADP does not support that tablet. Payroll is one thing that cannot be inaccurate and I feel like making the switch we had more errors in the last 6 months than we had in the last 10 years combined. Many of them were completely avoidable had the implementation been done correctly. We also have a special excel document that we have created just to manage all the cases that we have with ADP, because we would have so many at one time that the only way we could manage the follow up was to track it ourselves. Unfortunately, for a small company like we are, we did not have the manpower to take on a failed transition and so we are currently looking to make a switch to a different platform.

Pros

Ability to have a timekeeping system and payroll in one software

Cons

Implementation, Cost, Ease of Use of Payroll

• Industry: Human Resources

Necessary evil

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

I wish the UX was better, but ultimately, the software does what is intended, ie process payroll, time off, see benefits and have these things communicated to me via my employer.

Pros

It shows me my benefits, pay stubs and allows me to report time off.

Cons

It is clunky and not intuitive to use. There are very basic tasks that I need to do as a user (request time off, look at pay stubs) and each require multiple clicks that often take me to menus that don't allow me to complete the task I want to. Improving the UX would help tremendously.

Jackie D.

ADP, pros and cons

Reviewed on 23/03/2016

Pros

ADP is probably the largest payroll vendor in the nations, which is good and bad. It's great because they are experienced with typical payroll processing, human resources and benefits. It's not so good if you are a smaller company or a company with out of the ordinary payroll functions such as agricultural operations and taxes, California "special" tax issues, and the like.

Cons

Although they say their customer service is first rate, we have found it not to be so when it comes to the typical needs such as payroll issues. They have a great team of specialists in Time and Attendance, Reporting, but generally we are on hold at a minimum for 15 minutes, more typically half hour and longer. We have complained and it seems that they are hiring more staff and our calls are responded to more promptly. They also have a great support center and something called the Bridge where users can chat with other users about similar issues.

Shelly-ann G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Payroll and benefits Administrator

Reviewed on 07/09/2016

Pros

The ADP platform is very user-friendly. it can make your tasks easier. As for the vendor, one can appreciate their flexibility and willingness to improve based on experiences and client needs.

Cons

What I dislike about workforce now are some of the modules like benefits, the time-off request module, and the new notifications. It is not very flexible. For example, if an employee submits a time-off request that is inaccurate the administrator cannot correct the request without canceling and creating a new request even though it has a view/edit button. Some of the benefit configurations are not easily editable by the administrator and the new notifications module still requires too many clicks to get what one needs. As for the vendor, they can definitely improve on overall customer service and service delivery.

John W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

ADP Review

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Pros

Easy to use once you get use to it and have some training. Very simple once you log in, review what is needed.

Cons

Need training to be able to get around site. There are a lot of tabs that need to be learned, but once you have them, its easy.

Emily J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

ADP

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Very positive.

Pros

I like that it's constantly updated in order to benefit it's users.

Cons

While it's great that it updates to benefit users it's also frustrating because it locks everything down while that's happening.

Kyle K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Software!

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Pros

I like the ease of being able to clock-in and clock-out for work. I like the ability to go in and see my accrued vacation and sick time.

Cons

sometimes I have issues with the program freezing up or not recording my time stamp correctly when I clock-in or clock-out.

• Industry: Newspapers

Too bad Carlos won the proxy fight

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

My overall experience after more than a year of trying to use this antiquated, kludged up POS is that it must be horrendously cheap for anyone to actually decide to switch to it.

Pros

There's nothing to like. This is the most non-intuitive worthless application I've ever had the misfortune of using.

Cons

Where to start? It's slow, it's convoluted, it's completely non intuitive, it glitches for no apparent reason, functions (and I use the term loosely) get randomly locked out at different levels, the defaults originally installed are ridiculous, I could go on and on. This is what happens when you think you're too big to fail. Get it together Carlos or your competitors are going to eat your lunch even worse than they are now.

• Industry: Human Resources

Sufficient but not Impressive

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Pros

I like that I can see how much vacation time I will have as of a certain date, I like seeing the breakdown of where my paycheck is going dollar for dollar, and I like the ease of being able to download pay stubs and/or tax documents when needed

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to find my benefits pages or what my options are for changing these, when they expire and when I need to make changes by and when my FSA expires

Steven M.

ADP

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Pros

ADP lets me see the breakdown of my paycheck down to the cent, including taxes and 401k contributions. Very helpful for planning and tracking earnings.

Cons

I really don't have any cons with ADP, the only thing that might be nice to see is a "what if" calculator where it could show me what the breakdown would be if I made more, put more in my 401k, etc.

Suzy V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Adp usability

Reviewed on 08/08/2016

Pros

The usability is simple for payroll and HR. I like the interface it is basic and clear

Cons

I do not like how some of the benefits tools work. You have to upgrade constantly to use tools that should be standard

Joe P.

Bad Customer Support

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

ADP can be extremely helpful at times, but it is always a hassle to get what you want out of ADP without having to jump through hoops. Something as simple as submitting a final payroll file requires you to "submit" the file, in three different ways before the final submission is actually completed. Report generation often times produces different results than what was asked for, and customer support often leads to dead ends unless you get lucky and reach someone who actually knows what they're talking about. When it works, it works good. When there is a small issue, it often leads to lots of frustration and dead end phone calls.

Pros

A lot of features

Amanda M.

If you're a Medium company- Awful

Reviewed on 08/08/2016

Pros

For basic time and attendance payroll, they're fine.

Cons

Everything else. They're customer service is probably number one, though.

Matthew K.

ADP - Review

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

ADP is a great software for Payroll, HR among others.

Pros

I really love the Payroll Services in this product.

Cons

They could run more specials on the price per year.

• Industry: Banking

Seems like a Solid HRIS Platform

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

My experience is good. I’m a compensation analyst and refer to employee information in Vantage every day.

Pros

This software seems very user-friendly and combines a lot of employee data in one place.

Cons

It may be the configuration of the program with my employer, but the reporting functions seem really limited. The program spits out data and does nothing else. It’d be nice if there were a little more complexity to the offering.

Nicholas F.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Great Payroll Firm

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Pros

This system was used by my previous employer and the advantage of this was receiving my W2s on time as well as PDF pay stubs

Cons

I had a hard time logging into the app by after calling the company, they were able to resolve quickly.

Diane L.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good features but

Reviewed on 18/10/2016

Our company has used ADP HR&Benefits for about 10 years now, and although there are some very good time-saving features, we continue to get frustrated by the bureaucracy of their many divisions in service and massive setup procedures. Good service also has gotten very difficult to find in recent years as well.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality

Cons

Recruiting application

Michelle B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

We utilize ADP for payroll, I have used it in the past for benefits

Reviewed on 16/06/2016

Pros

User Friendly, intuitive, nice layout, integrative

Cons

I have had issues in my past with glitchiness, data we entered was missing later.

Laura U.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great product would strongly recommend it

Reviewed on 20/05/2016

Pros

Very user friendly, magnificent technical support, easy to follow directions

Cons

At times moves very slow from window to next window

Alexa G.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

ADP is a great way to keep record of paychecks

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I like that ADP shows what you made at past and present jobs. I like the scale that ADP has to break down how much you took home, how much you paid on taxes and what was paid overtime.

Cons

I do not like how hard it was to create an account with ADP, I felt like I had to go through three different things before actually creating my account. I also do not like how difficult it is to create a new password when forgetting your previous one.

Padam K.

Great HRIS solution

Reviewed on 23/11/2015

Pros

It is a cloud based application suite which can handle right from recruitment to managing time sheets to performance measurement. The best part is one can chose whatever module it needs and the module is designed so that it can be seamlessly integrated with the existing applications from other vendors.

Cons

The system updates and upgrades cause a lot of issues with critical files leading to payroll processing issues. Also, there have been many instances when the system was down.

Raquel S.

ADP Experience Review

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

Pros

Syncing with payroll, some of the reporting, archiving employees, earnings history, benefit history, location and corporate group history.

Cons

Long wait times, always speaking to someone different, long resolution times, benefits section is minimal at best we can not customize the way we want.

Wendy C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used for 6-12 months

ADP Vantage

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Pros

Pros for ADP Vantage is that like with all other ADP Products I have been exposed to, its easy to use and usually self explanatory.

Cons

Just like with Pros with ADP Products, ADP Vantage could improve on the overall look of the site with a upgraded dashboard.

Thadya S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awful Customer Support. A small company is still YOUR CLIENT.

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

Pros

It is an all in one HR software. Personnel Information Management, Payroll, Benefits Enrollment etc. Being able to do all this in on place is definitely convenient.

Cons

Customer Service. Follow-up. Double inputting the same information under 2 programs (HR & Benefit/ Payroll)