QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.0/5

Ali
Ali

The best accounting software

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Quickbooks is the most popular accounting software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. And for good reason! Quickbooks makes running your business easy, which is why it's so popular amongst entrepreneurs. Using Quickbooks made my accounting so simple. I love how I could sync everything to my phone and never miss an invoice or payment.

Pros

QuickBooks is the best accounting software for established businesses and startups. It offers the best tools to make sure you always have the most accurate financial data possible, no matter what. And their technical support is second to none!

Cons

Ability to send invoices via text messages

Response from Intuit

Hi, Ali, and thanks for writing your review!

We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks has made managing your business financials so much easier! That way you have more time to do what you love!

If you have any suggestions on features you think would make QuickBooks even better, please don't hesitate to send them over for our Developers review by using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account, as this is how we improve upon our products.

We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Selcuk
  • Industry: Investment Management

A Financer's Dream

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to manage finances. The reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate, and the cost is worth the investment.

Pros

I have been thoroughly impressed with QuickBooks Online Advanced. The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides an array of tools and features that make it easy to manage finances. The accounting and invoicing processes are efficient and user-friendly, and the reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate.

Cons

One of the drawbacks of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the cost of the subscription. While the features are worth the investment, the cost can be steep for small businesses with limited budgets. Additionally, the platform can be complicated to navigate for those with limited accounting experience.

Anthony
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great For Small Businesses

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Pros

I like how I can customized the invoice page and add different fields and save them.

Cons

When updates of the program come through it is difficult at times to adjust to it. Also, I had to categorize all my transactions multiple times when updates were applied.

Joe

Easy to use and very convenient

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

It has provided me everything I need to do my job well and has a simplicity that allows me to work very quickly and efficiently. The things it might lack are not critical to what I need to get done at work.

Pros

QBO is very user friendly and easy to get acquainted with quick. There are enough features to allow you to do a multitude of tasks. Online bill pay is an essential feature for us and allows us to send ACH payments for free in a timely manner. The system is able to operate quickly and not slow down with multiple programs open at once.

Cons

Can be difficult to find discrepancies/accounting errors. Could have more protections against altering previous period numbers.

Robert
  • Industry: Utilities

Surprised that I like Quickbooks Online

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

I knew I would have a learning curve after using Desktop Premium. That learning curve was shorter than expected and I am now considering features such as expense receipts. I will compare to using Expensify (which I dislike, but is used by several staff). I am always able to find workarounds and/or strategies to do what I want to do with invoices, reports, bills, and reports. I haven't fully explored the reporting features yet, though the immediate needs are easily met.

Pros

As I become more familiar with navigating through QBO (this software), I have come to like it much more than a previous version which I used briefly a few years ago. I like this software and have had only minor and temporary adjustment issues after converting from Quickbooks Desktop Premium.

Cons

Surprisingly, I don't have any strong dislikes. My navigation and use habits with Desktop had developed over several years. I can do everything in the Online version though I spend longer at this point. The new habits are quickly decreasing the extra time I initially spent. I found that I can have a few browser windows open so I am not constantly going back to a previous menu item. That was a major issue initially, and is now a minor annoyance at times.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Revolutionize the Way You Manage Your Finances With QBO

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Pros

I love how it is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to manage my finances without having an extensive background in accounting. Also, I can access my financial information from anywhere, at any time, as long as there is an internet connection.

Cons

There is nothing I liked least about QBOA.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Quickbooks Online Advance offers a wide range of features, including invoicing, expense tracking, and reporting, allowing me to manage all aspects of my company's finances in one place.
Claire
  • Industry: Media Production

We love it and use it almost every day for our business

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

We love Quickbooks Online Advanced and it’s the only option for us when it comes to our tax prep, invoicing, bookkeeping and getting paid.

Pros

We love how easy it is to coordinate with our CPA, invoice our clients, and get paid easily and quickly. We tried so many other options and this was the obvious choice for us.

Cons

It is a very busy dashboard and menu system. It may be because we don’t need all the functions for our business, but it has a lot going on when you first log on and before you learn exactly what you need.

Sarah
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Less Is More

Reviewed on 06/08/2023

Overall, it's an amazing product however FreshBooks is another product I like as well.

Pros

It allows more users, which is amazing for me considering I am beginning to look for more help; easier for me to transfer or integrate my current data to my current subscription and it automatically handles a lot of things for me based off the last time things were updated!

Cons

Definitely leaves you without control in some ways and I have ran into a few minor issues as far as the security and software.

Russell
Russell
  • Industry: Accounting

Ubiquitous and necessary, but far from perfect

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

It is a necessary evil.

It is a necessary evil.

Pros

Online access is convenient. Most clients are already using it. Easy to get accountant access. Bank feeds are superior to the desktop product. Integrates with many different tools through Zapier. Works with a large array of direct 3rd party add ins.

Cons

It lacks basic and essential features such as reliable backup/restoration of data, month end closing tools, etc. forcing us to pay third parties to make up for what QBO lacks. The receipt capture is too limited and is very poor at matching transactions if it doesn’t automatically recognize a receipt.

The system is extremely nit picky about which type of transaction you are using in the moment. This is not an issue with QB desktop as you can easily enter almost any type of transaction from the register without the need to tell it what you are doing in advance.

The product does not often get substantive improvements and yet the subscription fees are very high and are increasing over time. Pay more, get the same product.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Russell.

We want to be sure you're enjoying your time with QuickBooks, and that you're getting the most out of your product. If you have any suggestions about what you think would make QuickBooks better for your business and others, please don't hesitate to send these over for our Developers review using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account.

Also, if you need assistance or run into any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team by phone or chat using the 'Help (?)' icon > 'Contact Us' right from within your account. We'd be more than happy to take care of you.

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Michael

Slow and bloated

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Pros

Decent reporting. Handles bank transactions well.

Cons

Slow and clunky. Loaded with ads for optional services. Customer service is hit or miss.

Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

The one stop software for any Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.
Harmony
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
Eugene
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks online advanced had significantly more features and more visibility into our business.
Milena
  • Industry: Accounting

Great!

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

I like how easy, reliable, and multi-functional QBO Advanced is. I use it for a client and it saves me time and money.

Pros

I like the many features QBO Advanced has to offer. It saves time and money. It is great for growing business. It is easy to integrate with many other apps if needed.

Cons

The least I like would be the price, however, with the many features it has to offer - it definitely is a must for a growing business with more complex workflows.

Zoho Books, FreshBooks, Xero and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed more flexible and reliable software.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It just has all of the features the company needs.
Tara

Works well for small business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

On a day to day bases, it is easy to use and easy to see a quick snapshot of where our company stands. Customers can view and pay their invoices online and money is deposited quickly. It has helped increase our cashflow.

Pros

The software was fairly easy to set up and is very easy to use. Very forgiving. Errors can be corrected easily. (with the exceptions noted below)

Cons

The recurring transaction feature does not always work as expected.
Accounts or products that are created in error can only be made inactive, not deleted. We now have a lot of extras since the accountant that helped us import our Sage data imported everything twice. We have 2 of all our products and accounts.

Sage 100

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our Sage was very old and no longer supported. We also wanted to switch to something online so working remotely would be possible.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our accountant recommended it and all the accountants in the office had experience using it.
David

QBO Advanced is underrated

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros

The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It's cheap, we know how to use it well, and I do not feel like I'm settling for less just because of the price
Charles

Quickbooks Review

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Pros

I loved how automated my invoices and billing became using quickbooks. I enjoy the professional look and easy use of the platform. It made it also easier to build and make expenses report. The customer service was also really good as I was able to schedule a call within the first 5 min on the website

Cons

Right now, I need a bit more experience on the platform. However, I would say that the price are decent and good for what I am using. Nothing negative to say about the platform.

PayPal, Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better price and it fit my business more

PayPal and PaySimple

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Overall for bookkeeping and accounting this software is simple to use as long as you don't use other features like processing payments.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and use. Interface is nicely laid out. Reports are easy to find and prepare.

Cons

You are not able to create multiple invoice templates with different company names ie. one company with a numbered name and another with the business name. Also you have no control over online payments. Quickbooks will give you a chargeback but they won't release any info on the transaction so best not to use them for your online store. Use another service.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My Accountant recommended Quickbooks.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommended by my accoutant.
Tammy

It's All About The Extras

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

April
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I am completely self taught with keeping books in my business. Quickbooks online has made this even easier than any desktop version. I have been using Quickbooks online since it first came out and I am pleased with the continual progress and improvements made to the system. I feel the fees are very reasonable, but I do take advantage of many of the features. Payroll is the best feature. It saves time and money. I would never want to use an outside source unless I no longer had to do any bookkeeping myself.

Pros

Easy to set up and use.
Help section is very useful.
Most everything is intuitive to figure out.
It is great to access information from anywhere and anytime.
Mobile access is good.
The Pay Now feature with invoices is very nice and eliminates the need for credit cards.

Cons

CHAT feature is hidden deep in trouble shooting.

Cody
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Reviewed on 12/08/2023

Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Katrina
  • Industry: Utilities

#1 Accounting Software

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Quickbooks is what it is. I know it's not a perfect review and not what everyone wants to hear but it's the best one on the market BUT with that being said this program lacks a lot and has A LOT of glitches and malfunctions all the time. Will I be switching to another one. Probably not in the near future.

Pros

The overall use of QB online is easy. It's straight to the point and anyone can learn how to use the software. The majority of the features are pretty easy and function great.

Cons

THIS SOFTWARE IS SO GLITCHY AND SLOW! Some days this software works phenomenal and on the days you need it to work it doesn't. This is especially bad when it comes to the payment feature for contractors. To pay one contractor is fine but when you need to pay multiple and use the feature included in QB it's horrible. Every click takes at least 30 seconds to load making a job that should only take a few minutes take 1/2 your workday.

Sue
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Noura

Love QuickBooks Online

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

It has been great. It took a little bit of time to get used to switch from desktop to online. Initially I didn't like it as much as the desktop, but got used to it fairly quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support with multiple ways to contact support. Helps us track our company easily. Has everything our business needs.

Cons

The app is a little different than the web version, which throws me off sometimes when I am used to doing things a certain way using the web version.